★WELCOME TO MY BLOG ★

Monday, March 15, 2010

Follow Your Dream | Mamie Coleman | Vice President of Music & Production Fox On Air Promotion |


I am so excited to share this next story with you! This amazing woman is truly living her dream! I know that you will be encouraged and uplifted like never before! If you have ever questioned whether your dreams were worth pursuing, you won't anymore! Get ready to be wowed and amazed by what Mamie Coleman is getting ready to share with us.



Shereece: Hello Mamie, thank you so much for doing this interview. Can you please share with us your dream.

Mamie Coleman: I am actually living my dream of being a TV/Music Executive. However, I would love to one day, own a Music Production company and become a vendor for numerous entertainment companies.

Shereece: What steps did you take to begin pursuing your dreams?

Mamie Coleman: I got my industry education when I majored in Radio, Television and Film at Cal State University Northridge. I got an internship with Fox in 1992. I also became the first President and founding member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc Rho Epsilon Chapter at CSUN that year. I took my presidential leadership skills and applied them to my position as Junior Radio Producer at Fox in 1992. There I moved over to the #1 Fox TV series to become a writer's assistant and then an executive assistant to Martin Lawrence and Sammart Williams at the "Martin" show from 1994-1996. I learned so much with the hands on experience at the Martin show. I soon returned to my fox family roots as Manager of Production in 1996. From an unpaid internship, I soared through the ranks to become Vice President of Music and Production for Fox On Air Promotion.

Shereece: This clearly shows where hard work and dedication can take you. What do you love most about what you do?

Mamie Coleman: I love being creative with the music selections we pitch to our producers and seeing my work being televised. I also enjoy managing one of the best production teams in the business. My staff is definitely my engine and I could not run my department smoothly without their talents, dedication, loyalty and hard work.

Shereece: Mamie do you think it is ever too late to pursue a dream?

Mamie Coleman: Of course it's never too late to pursue your dreams. My daughter asks me all the time, "Mommy what do you think I should be when I grow up?" I reply, "You can be anything you set your mind to be...just be good at it and always give back to others." I strongly believe you are never too old to switch careers or pursue your dreams as long as you have a plan to make it happen!

Shereece: What advice can you give people who want to pursue a dream in the industry?

Mamie Coleman: Be bold, yet smart in your decision making for your career. Don't allow anyone to discourage you from your goals. Stay committed and motivated on your path to success. Start from the bottom and work your way up so you can learn all sides to this industry. The most important thing that I cannot stress enough is to network with your peers and colleagues. Be aggressive in making good contacts in this industry and stay in touch with everyone throughout the year.



*Thank you again Mamie for allowing us to hear your story and for giving us the gift of inspiration and encouragement.


*Not only does Mamie Coleman work hard in her field, she also gives back to the community! You can visit First Giving Sound of Art to get more information on how you too can give back!


May you always be Encouraged & Uplifted,

~Shereece

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this interview!! Very inspiring!! Mamie is a true sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I love her! She is one of the sweetest people I know and she is out there working and making moves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your footprints :) Please check back to read my reply.

May you always be encouraged & Uplifted!

~Shereece