★WELCOME TO MY BLOG ★

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Special Series "Follow Your Dream"


I love to encourage people to live out their passions in life. That's why I am adding a new category to my blog called "Follow Your Dream". It will feature special guests, who are making moves, and making things happen. These are amazing individuals who know what it takes to make a dream come true. My hope is that you will be inspired by their stories, to go after your own dreams. To simply go for it! I know that is easier said than done sometimes. There are often many road blocks on the path to following your dreams. I have been pursuing my dreams for over 20 years now. I have a passion for photography. I started taking classes in my senior year of high school. I went to college and took more courses. I even shot my first wedding right out of high school. I remember that was so scary! From the time I left high school, I would pick my camera up and do some shoots here and there, but never went after it as a career. Many people told me it was a competitive field. I became discouraged and took long breaks from shooting. But that didn't make the desire to capture beautiful images on film go away. I would always end up getting requests to shoot events. I was doing what I loved again. The passion for the art always led me back to it. Over the past year or so, I have met some wonderful people who have blessed me with many opportunities to make even more of my dreams come true! One of my greatest joys was having my work published in print! One of my clients and friend, Tina Divina, published her first two books, "Coffee Table Conversations Volumes I & II" and she used one of my photographs in Vol. I. Often when you are making your dreams come true, you are helping someone else make theirs come true as well. Though there are times when you may feel like giving up, don't! We are here on this earth to learn, teach and grow. When you allow your talents to develop, you become a true blessings to those around you. I encourage you to think about what it is you are truly passionate about, and then begin to take the steps to make it happen. When you take that first step doors will begin to open.



*Be on the lookout for my first features guest for "Follow Your Dreams".
You click here to view my online portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your footprints :) Please check back to read my reply.

May you always be encouraged & Uplifted!

~Shereece