★WELCOME TO MY BLOG ★

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Follow Your Dream | Maria DeVon-Shepard | Theraputic Recreation Leader/Supported Living Assistant

Sometimes it is necessary to go against what everybody says you should do when you pursue your dreams.  For some it takes a lot of prayer and support to move in the direction of your goals.  This next person to share her story with us, is someone I have known for over 30 years. She is my best friend.  I have watched her overcome many obstacles in her life to reach for her dreams.  I admire her love for the Lord and her family.  She is very passionate about everything that she takes on, big and small.  I hope her story will encourage and uplift you.







Shereece: Hi Maria, please share with us your dreams and goals.
 
Maria:  I dream about being a successful Business Owner, Coach, Student Advisor (for athletes with disabilities) and Strength and Conditioning Coach at a Division 1 College.    I dream about having something I can pass on to my children that will impact young athletes and help them accomplish their goals while directly impacting athletes academically and pre- post season. 

Shereece: Can you tell us what steps did you took to begin pursuing your dreams?
 
Maria:   I have applied for a few job positions.  I have started working with two God fearing, upstanding, goal oriented men and we have a business that is starting to take shape (Rattlers Youth Sports LLC).  I am currently a Beachbody Coach, and I will begin working on my certification as a Personal trainer and Strength and Conditioning coach in the summer (2010).

Shereece: Maria what do you love most about what you do?
 
Maria: I love watching young people grow into great student athletes and wonderful people.

Shereece:  Do you think it is ever too late to pursue a dream?
 
Maria:    No.  Not everyone's path is designed for them to achieve it while young. Some people have to go through much of their lives and life experiences for God to prepare them for their dream.

Shereece:  What advice can you give people who have yet to pursue their dream?
 
Maria:    Be patient, never give up, and do not take short cuts.



Thank you so much for sharing your dreams with us. 

You are a true inspiration and I am so very proud of all that you have achieved.

Click here to learn more about Team Beach Body



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your footprints :) Please check back to read my reply.

May you always be encouraged & Uplifted!

~Shereece